Helping Families Talk and Support Their Kupuna
Kupuna Pono is a program designed to help families talk about difficult issues and develop plans to support elderly family members.
- Every family wants the best for their elders
- Every family eventually has disagreements regarding elder care and support
- Family disagreements cost everyone in time, money and emotions
Family conflicts related to caring for an elderly family member impact everyone in the family. By providing a process for families to address their issues and simultaneously incorporate the recommendations of medical personnel into a customized plan:
- Families are more quickly able to agree on appropriate next steps to support their elder member including transitioning from medical discharge to home or assisted living
- The doctor/patient working relationship is strengthened