Working Out the Terms of Your Divorce Through Mediation
The least costly, less stressful approach to finalizing the terms of your divorce is through mediation. At the Mediation Center of the Pacific, impartial mediators help divorcing couples talk and negotiate agreements on all of the issues that are required to be addressed to finalize a divorce including:
- Where the children will live and how time-sharing and co-parenting will work including: how much time the children spend with each parent; how holidays, vacations, and special days well be shared; how transportation will be handled; and how to deal with schedule changes.
- How major decisions for the children will be decided including: schooling, medical care, extracurricular activities and religious upbringing.
- How property will be divided including: whether the family home will be kept or sold; who will live in the house if it is not sold, or until the sale; how to divide or sell personal belongings; and how debts incurred during the marriage will be handled.
- Any other issues that impact the children and/or arise out of the family relationship.
To Prepare for Mediation You Will be Asked to:
- Prepare a draft Parenting Plan and submit it in advance of your scheduled session
- Complete an Asset & Debt Statement and submit it in advance of your scheduled session