Working out Time Sharing and Co-Parenting through Mediation
The least costly, less stressful approach to reaching agreements about where your children will live and how time-sharing and co-parenting will work, is through mediation.
To Make Mediation Work:
- Prepare a draft Parenting Plan
- Be prepared to share information
- Be prepared to listen and to be open to new suggestions and creative ideas
- Focus on the needs of the children
Create a detailed parenting plan that focuses on the unique needs of your children including:
- Where the children will live.
- How much time they will spend with each parent.
- How holidays, vacations, and special days will be shared.
- How pickup and drop offs will work.
- How major decisions will be decided including: schooling, medical care, extracurricular activities and religious upbringing.
- Any other issues that impact the children.